When a passenger wishes to make a cancellation of a scheduled tour the following charges apply:
- Within 24 hours of the tour departure, no refund will be given.
- Within 2 to 3 days before the tour
date 50% of the tour price will be payable unless the seat can be re-sold in which case the passenger will receive a full refund.
We reserve the right to cancel trips under exceptional circumstances such as those out with of our control. In such cases clients will be promptly informed and offered:
- Transfer to a substitute trip or tour, or an alternative trip or if the tour is a lower cash value clients will receive a cash adjustment refund; or a total refund of all prepaid monies.
Cancellation and Refunds for private tours
- The 20% deposit is forfeited on any cancellation, which must be notified to the company in writing by e-mail or post, and sent via recorded delivery.
- Where the balance owing on a tour is not paid prior to the
six week deadline then the company reserves the right to cancel the tour and forfeit the deposit.
- Where notification of cancellation has been received less than six weeks prior to
commencement of a tour the following schedule of refunds will apply:
- 41-28 days before start - 75% of balance
- 27-14 days before start - 50% of balance
- 13-0 days before start - NIL
- Highland Experience Tours reserves the right to cancel trips under exceptional circumstances. In such cases clients will be promptly informed and offered :
- Transfer to a substitute trip or tour or
- An alternative trip or tour which if a lower cash value will include a cash adjustment refund or
- A total refund of all prepaid monies.
Cancellation and Refunds for unique tours
- Due to the unique nature of our specialized tours i.e. X-mas & New Year
tours a specific cancellation charge applies to this product - up to 7 days prior to departure 50% refund. Within 7 days - no refund)
- Due to the fact that we use
3 star accommodation for our X-Mas & New Year
tours all prices are based on two sharing a room.
General Guidelines for all tours
- We also reserve the right to change the tour itinerary at any time due to weather, acts of God and events out without our control.
- Unless stated otherwise, food, attractions and accommodation
is not included in the tour
price however; clients may be eligible for a discount when mentioning Highland Experience.
- We are a family friendly operator and welcome children of 3 years and over.
- Due to the size & type of vehicles we use, luggage is restricted to one small/medium size bag; Luggage Limit Per Person: MAX 15kg 55 x 40 x 20cm please no suitcases that you can fit in!
- Smoking is not permitted on any of our vehicles.
- Highland Experience recommends all passengers take our suitable travel, medical and cancellation insurance.
- Driver tips are not included in the tour price but if deserved, greatly appreciated.
- Please note that we operate with a minimum number of 5 passengers on all tours except private tours.
Accommodation for extended or private tours
Clients booking ' TOUR ONLY' option should follow this information as NO accommodation is included in the price.
Guest will be dropped in a central point in each location. Please contact Scotland Tours for more information about where your tour's overnight locations will be.
You will need to make your own way to your accommodation.
You will also need to make your way back to the drop point the following day to be collected.
You must inform Scotland Tours at least 2 days in advance of your tour departure where you have booked your accommodation.
Please contact us after booking and we can inform you of the locations to book.
Should you experience any difficulties please contact us where we will be happy to help.
A single room supplement will usually apply.
It is the responsibility of the Passenger to ensure that they are at the departure point in good time and that they adhere to the departure times given in the Company's publicity and by its representatives. Coaches will not be held for Passengers who are late. In such cases, full cancellation charges will apply and the Company shall have no further liability to that Passenger.
Alterations by the company
Whilst the Company shall use its reasonable endeavours to provide the tour as planned, the Company reserves the right to alter itineraries in any way, and for whatever reason, or to vary hotel accommodation. In the case of hotel accommodation, alternative accommodation of a similar standard will be obtained.
Suppliers of service
Tickets for steamships, aircraft, trains or other carriers which are obtained by the Company on behalf of the Passenger are subject to the conditions of carriage of the individual carrier. The Company undertakes to select hotels, restaurants and coach companies which have a good reputation. The company will not accept or have any liability for the acts
of omissions whether negligent or otherwise, of ferry companies, coach operators, hotels or any other person providing services in connection with the arrangements of the group/ individual(s) unless such a person is employed by the Company or subject to the Company's direct control. The Company is dedicated to providing Passengers with a reliable and fault free service. In the unlikely event that a Passenger wishes to raise any queries or complaints with the Company, such query or complaint should be raised in the first instance with the tour guide, who will endeavour to resolve the situation to the Passenger's satisfaction. If any complaint cannot be resolved by the tour guide, Passengers must address their complaints in writing to the Company within one month from the last day of the tour provided by the Company.
Money Back Guarantee
If after travelling with us on one of our scheduled tours you do not believe you received the 5-star experience we promise, please get in touch. As we continue to strive for improvement we would like to hear your comments and if we have failed to deliver the quality experience advertised we will refund your money in full. This offer applies to the scheduled transport element only and no third parties, etc, i.e. accommodation, meals or attractions.
The Company does not accept any liability for any loss, inconvenience or damage caused by war, threat of war riot or civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial disputes, natural disaster, fires, sickness, weather conditions, airport regulations, temporary, technical, mechanical or electrical breakdown of transport or any facilities contained within advertised accommodation, explosion of any nuclear plant or part thereof or radioactivity/contamination arising from such plant or events beyond the reasonable control of the Company.